The aims of the Association are:
- Through research in health services, scientifically substantiate the programs and policies of the health system in the aforementioned areas.
- Disseminate and apply research results, preferentially enhancing applied research and its transfer to clinical practice and health management, as well as, where appropriate, public health programs and to social innovation.
- Promote and develop research in health and socio-health services using existing capacities in Osakidetza – Basque Public Health Service, and facilitating the connection with other agents and sectors involved in the areas of elderly age, chronicity and dependence.
- Emphasis on applied and translational research, oriented towards the generation of economic and social value.
- Collaborate with other agents to contribute to the generation of social and economic value in the Basque Country.
- Contribute to positioning the health system and the Basque Country as an international reference in the areas subject of dedication of the Association.
The Kronikgune Association is a non-profit association constituted in accordance with Organic Law 1/2002 of 22 March, which regulates the right of association, and Law 7/2007, of 22 June, concerning associations in the Basque Country.
On 07 July 2011, the Kronikgune Association was registered in the General Associations Registry of the Basque Country with number AS/B/16142/2011.
The Kronikgune Association is run from the Directorate for Healthcare Research and Innovation of the Basque Country regional government’s Department of Health, as established in Decree 80/2017 of 11 April, which establishes the organic and operational structure of the Department of Health.