Basque Government projects
Ministry of Health of the Basque Government
Ministry of Economic Development, Sustainability and Environment of the Basque Government
“Grants for Health Research and Development Projects: Promotion of Health Research”, Ministry of Health of the Basque Government:
The beneficiaries of these grants are exclusively agents of the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation Network (RVCTI) accredited in the categories of the Healthcare Research Institutes and Health R&D Organisations. There are four types of projects:
- Promotion of emerging groups: projects developed by teams whose Principal Investigator (PI) was born in 1973 or later and has not taken part as PI in previous projects funded by a competitive call for proposals.
- Healthcare services research projects: projects in the fields of healthcare policy assessment; process and result assessment; help for decision-making; development and assessment of organisational models.
- Biomedical projects: essential health research projects carried out in collaboration within the healthcare system, with the main aim of gaining new knowledge of underlying basics of observable phenomena and facts, joining existing healthcare capabilities; or health technological development projects, with the goal of carrying our concept tests for projects that can be transferred.
- Integrated healthcare projects: funding for a single research project jointly carried out by the three Health Research Institutes (Bioaraba, Biocruces Bizkaia and Biodonostia) in any of the strategic areas of common interest, aligned with healthcare policies, and with a clear justification of the necessary contribution made by each institute, resulting in the generation or reinforcement of critical mass or of distinctive strengths, and in more united capabilities within the Basque public healthcare system.
Hazitek calls – Ministry of Economic Development, Sustainability and Environment of the Basque Government:
It constitutes a series of grants to support Industrial Research or Experimental Development Projects. The projects, both competitive and strategic, must be developed in the Basque business sector, and in the areas of specialisation included in the framework of the Euskadi 2020 Science, Technology and Innovation Plan.
- Basque Government project – 2019111043: Assessment of the Effectiveness and Cost-effectiveness of an Intervention in Hospitalised Patients with Disease-related Malnutrition
- Basque Governement project – 2019111042: Risk factors for adverse outcomes at two- to five-year follow-up in a prospective cohort of breast cancer patients. CAMISS II multicentre study.
- Basque Government project – Hazitek 2019: COGNITIA, Deep Learning Systems for the Generation of Actionable Health Knowledge.
- Basque Government project – 2019111019: Optimising the Assessment of Function and Pain in Shoulder Joint.
- Basque Government project – 2019222003: PluDeeLea, Design, Implementation and Assessment of a Deep Learning Care Model for Multimorbid Patients to Aid Decision-making.
- Basque Government project – 2020111078: Advanced modelling of the evolution of an epidemiological outbreak to predict its consequences in terms of health resource utilisation and mortality.
- Basque Governmenet project – Hazitek 2020: FRAGICare. Platform for the management of frailty of people at home.