To promote mental well-being while preventing mental illnesses in education centres through increasing the resilience capacity of teenagers.
- To co-design a holistic intervention programme for teenagers (12-14 years).
- To validate the effectiveness of the programme at increasing resilience and mental well-being.
- To provide scientific evidence on specific resilience factors which contribute to promote positive mental well-being.
The work to be done in the 48-month project is divided into work packages:
- 1: Project coordination (Month 1 – Month 48)
- 2: Co-design the intervention (Month 1 – Month 9)
- 3: Adaptation and validation to the local context (Month 1 – Month 9)
- 4: Pilot implementation and monitoring (Month 6 – Month 48)
- 5: Assessment and analysis of the results of each pilot (Month 1 – Month 48)
- 6: Dissemination, scope and policy recommendations (Month 1 – Month 48)
- Creation of a culture of mental well-being in the education centres.
- Develop and implement an effective and universal intervention in the European education centres aimed at teenagers, families and education professionals.
- Reduce the occurrence of mental disorders and comorbidity.
- Improve mental well-being among young people in order to:
- reduce dropping out of school and university in the short term,
- enhance personal confidence and cognitive function,
- and improve educational strengths and employability.
- To improve the levels of well-being among families, teachers, the school environment and the community.
- To empower teenagers by teaching them coping skills, social-emotional skills and awareness.
Kronikgune is the project coordinator. In addition, it leads work packages 1 (WP1) and 5 (WP5), being responsible for assessing the pilot programmes and analysing the results obtained.
In the regional context, Kronikgune leads the pilot study in the Basque Country by coordinating the co-design of the resilience programme with the collaboration of professionals from both the health and education sectors, as well as defining the implementation of the pilot in the participating schools.
- Coordinator: Irantzu Izco Basurko; Olatz Albaina Bacaicoa; Carlota Las Hayas Rodríguez (PI); Ane Fullaondo Zabala; Esteban de Manuel Keenoy.
- Participants: Ana González Pinto (PI); Jessica Fernández Sevillano; Patricia Pérez Martínez de Arrieta; Iñaki Zorrilla Martinez.
- Collaborators: Berritzegune Vitoria –Gasteiz, Araba IHO, Miguel de Unamuno HS, Los Herrán HS, San Prudencio School, Presentación de María School, Samaniego IPI, Ikasbidea Durana IPI
- Evaluation: Nerea González Hernández; Igor Larrañaga; Maider Mateo Abad; Itziar Vergara Mitxeltorena; Javier Mar; Raquel Cobos