The aim of this programme is to adapt traditional epidemiological tools to the study of chronic diseases and develop new tools and their application for evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of new interventions, technologies and services. This programme also focuses on the development of research methodologies for chronicity-related care models.
The results obtained during the research conducted as part of this programme will be relevant as regards taking clinical and health policy decisions. In practical terms, the end impact should be a greater satisfaction of both patients and professionals, better quality of life, better health outcomes and lower comparative cost.
List of european projects:
- Advantage: Managing Frailty. A comprehensive approach to promote a disability-free advanced age in Europe: the ADVANTAGE initative.
- ACT: Care Coordination & TeleHealth Deployment Programme
List of Kronikgunes’ projects:
2. Evaluation of psycho-social interventions in colorectal cancer patients after a surgical intervention. PI09/90397 The IRYSS-CARESS-CCR coordinated, multicentre study.
3. Creation and validation of scales for predicting mortality and readmittance in patients hospitalised due to heart failure.
4. Telemonitoring of chronic patients and those with multiple comorbidities from primary care (“TELBILBA project”)
5. Evaluation of healthcare and social interventions aimed at elderly patients discharged from hospital services diagnosed with hip or wrist fractures after an accidental fall. Follow-up until 18 months after the fall.
6. Short- and medium-term risk factors for adverse outcomes, and the creation of predictive models, in colorectal cancer patients. The IRYSS-CCR coordinated, multicentre study.
13. Analysis and evaluation of the pilot results of the strategic project 8 in the chronicity strategy (advanced nursing competencies).
26. Economic assessment of the Prescribe Healthy Life (PVS) strategy.