The PRE-START study has a twin objective. Firstly, it aims to propose a tool for identifying adolescents (12-14 years) with risk factors associated with the onset of DMT2. Secondly, it aims to evaluate the effectiveness of two health-promotion programmes, one aimed at an adolescent population with risk factors associated with the onset of DMT2 and the other in a school setting involving adolescents aged 12-14 years, their parents and their teachers.
- Development of a tool for identifying adolescents with risk factors for type 2 diabetes.
- Improving practices for the prevention of DMII in children aged 12-14 years at a local level.
- Implementing intervention strategies that allow: To improve our understanding of metabolic health and the possible risks of chronic diseases.
- To raise awareness of the importance of physical activity and decrease the amount of physical inactivity.
- To improve nutrition with a healthy diet in children, parents and teachers (benefits of the consumption of vegetables, fibre, etc.).