The aim of Carewell is to propose, implement and validate new integrated care models for patients with multiple comorbidities that are cost-effective, using different routes, such as improving home-based patient care, thereby preventing their hospitalisation, and improving communication channels between (healthcare and social) professionals and patients and/or care models to facilitate the exchange of information for each patient, thereby avoiding duplication of effort.
Divided into work packages – project lasting 36 months.
- 1: Project coordination, management and quality control (month 1-month 36).
- 2: Integrated care programmes: User requirements and definition of use cases (month 1-month 9).
- 3: Definition of organisational models and Carewell care routes (month 2-month 10).
- 4: Definition of the technological architecture and service specifications (month 2-month 11).
- 5: Preparation of the pilot phase (month 4-month 12).
- 6: Intervention implementation phase (month 3-month 36).
- 7: Results evaluation and application of predictive modelling (month 2-month 36).
- 8: Dissemination activities and viability analysis (month 1-month 36).
- An improvement in patients’ quality of life.
- The provision of effective and cost-efficient solutions.
- To promote the creation of a richer and more decisive professional experience.
- To improve cooperation and communication between professionals for the patient’s benefit.
- To promote integrated care programmes in new regions.
- To provide new evidence for integrated care outcomes in a real context.
- To increase awareness of the impact and benefits of integrated care.
- To promote the use of technology in integrated care.
- To provide organisational tools and models that allow the development and implementation of integrated care.