FULL NAME: Activation of Stratification Strategies and results of Interventions on frail patients of Healthcare Services.
CALL FOR TENDER: Health Programme 2013, Executive Agency for Health and Consum, EAHC (currently CHAFEA).
PROJECT START AND FINISH DATES: 01/01/2014 to 30/06/2016
OFFICIAL PROJECT WEB SITE: http://assehs.eu/
APPRAISAL STANDARD WEBSITE: http://www.kronikgune.org:3845/appraisalstandard/
The “Appraisal Standard” tool offers information on stratification models specific to each health system, enables the comparison between different stratification models and helps to define suitable stratification models for each health system.
THE WHITE PAPER OF THE PROJECT: Please link on the following URL to download the White Paper: white-paper-assehs-european-project
The goal of the White Paper is to spread knowledge about the use of risk stratification tools at policy making, healthcare management and clinical practice levels. It escribes the barriers and facilitators of the risk stratification tools.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: ASSEHS aims to activate stratification tools in the field and to evaluate the results of their implementation in different European health services, focussing on the use and value added to the provision of care to fragile elderly patients.
PROJECT AIMS: To analyse valid, reproducible and transferable stratification strategies. To this end, it is important to identify the key elements, barriers and facilitators to defining, developing, implementing stratification tools and their impact on health systems. At the same time, the possible uses of stratification tools in health management, policies and clinical practice will be investigated.
PROJECT METHODOLOGY: Divided into work packages – project lasting 30 months.
- 1: Coordination (month 1 – month 30).
- 2: Dissemination (month 1 – month 30).
- 3: Evaluation (month 1 – month 30).
- 4: Analysis of stratification tools (month 1 – month 30).
- 5: Analysis of the feasibility of implementing stratification tools (month 1 – month 30).
- 6: Impact of risk stratification on structures and processes (month 1 – month 30).
- 7: Implementation of risk stratification (month 1 – month 30).
RESULTS HOPED TO BE OBTAINED:
- To activate the use of stratification tools in integrated care for fragile patients.
- To define a framework for implementing population-stratification tools
ROLE OF THE BASQUE COUNTRY:
- ROLE OF KRONIKGUNE: Kronikgune is coordinating this project at a European level. Coordination tasks are mainly focussed on administrative and technical project management; the coordinator is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the project meets its proposed objectives by following the plan agreed upon with the other partners and that the project’s products, such as reports or papers, are prepared according to set of quality levels. In addition, in close collaboration with Osakidetza, Kronikgune leads the work package dedicated to analysing the feasibility of implementing risk stratification strategies in health systems (WP5) and, together with Osakidetza, leads the Basque Country’s participation as a region.
- ROLE OF OSAKIDETZA: Together with Kronikgune, coordinates the project at a European level and participates by way of the stratification experiences launched.
- Coordination: Anna Gine March, Lucia Prieto Remón (till January 2016), Miren David (till April 2015), Irati Erreguerena Redondo, Joana Mora Amengual (till October 2015), Esteban de Manuel Keenoy.
- Principal: Cristina Domingo Rico (IP); Iñaki Berraondo; Ariadna Besga; Manu Carneiro; Santiago Esnaola; José Manuel Martinez; Jon Orueta, Eduardo Millán; Carlos Sola.
- Collaboration: Maria Eugenia Alkiza; Jose María Beguiristain; Juan Miguel Campayo; Maria Victoria Egurbide; Gemma Fernández; Mónica García; Eva Lamiquiz; Isabel Rodríguez; Mª Isabel Romo; Yolanda Salaberri; Igor Zabala.
OSAKIDETZA SITES INVOLVED:
- OSI Bilbao-Basurto
- OSI Uribe
- OSI Tolosaldea
- OSI Ezkerraldea-Enkarterri-Cruces
- OSI Barrualde-Galdakao
- OSI Araba
PILOT REGIONS: Lombardy, Puglia, Catalonia and Basque Country.