Throughout the month of May 2021, the most prestigious International Conference on Integrated Care will be held at an international level.
The 21st edition entitled “Realizing the True Value of Integrated Care” will be held as a virtual conference, co-organized between the IFIC Collaborating Centers worldwide: IFIC Scotland, IFIC Australia, IFIC Ireland, IFIC Canada and IFIC Latin America. Each of the five IFIC centers will host 90-minute sessions taking place in different time zones. The world’s most prestigious International Congress on Integrated Care is expected to bring together thousands of researchers, healthcare professionals and management teams from around the world.
ICIC2021 will share experiences, projects and evidence on integrated care from nine thematic axes: shared values and vision; health and care needs of the population and local context; people as partners in health and care; resilient communities and new alliances; personal capacity and capability; system-wide governance and leadership; digital solutions; aligned payment systems; and transparency of progress, outcomes and impact.
Kronikgune will have the opportunity to present some of the European research projects it leads and participates in, ADLIFE; JADECARE; and Gatekeeper. Kronikgune‘s participation will be in the following sessions:
Use Case 7
- Date: May 6, 2021 between 17:30 -19:00
- Session: ICT interventions and support in polypharmacy (Polypharmacy and medication adherence).
- Presentation title: Evaluation of ICT solutions to promote polypharmacy management in elderly people with multi-chronic diseases.
- Kronikgune will present the case study to be carried out in the Basque Country. The intervention will provide healthcare professionals with an IT tool (CheckTheMeds® web service) to facilitate medication review, and elderly patients will be offered a mobile health application (“My treatment App”) to enable them to comply with the prescribed pharmacological treatment. 1000 patients (500 in the control group and 500 in the intervention group) will be recruited in the Integrated Health Organizations of the Basque Country.
Use Case 1
- Date: May 6, 2021, 19:00 – 20:30
- Session: Mobile and digital support tools
- Presentation title: Evaluation of a mobile health application to promote healthy aging among the elderly.
- Kronikgune will show the intervention it has designed and that will be implemented in Euskadi in the framework of the project. In it, patients over 65 years of age will be provided with a mobile health application, the MAHA App, which will promote healthy lifestyles in this population. The participation of health and social agents is expected and they will try to get 10,000 people to download and use the application.
ADLIFE Project – Coordinated by Kronikgune
- Date: May 6, 2021, 19:00 – 20:20
- Session: Mobile and Digital Support Tools (Theme 7 Digital solutions) (“Mobile and Digital Support Tools (Theme 7 Digital solutions”)
- Title of the presentation: Integrated personalized care for patients with advanced chronic diseases to improve health and quality of life (ADLIFE Project).
- Kronikgune will present the project that has as main objective to provide innovative intelligent personalized care supported by an ICT solution to elderly patients with complex chronic diseases. In addition, it will show the work done in the first year of the project where the care delivery models have been explored and defined, the level of integration being achieved with health systems, the scope and content of the clinical decision support services (CDSS) to be developed and the health outcomes to be achieved.
Project JADECARE – Coordinated by Kronikgune
- Date: 17 May 2021, 12:30 CET
- Session: How advances in technology and information sharing are advancing integrated care
- Presentation title: Implementation and transfer of successful person-centered integrated care solutions across Europe – The JADECARE Joint Action.
- Kronikgune will have the opportunity to present the JADECARE Joint Action, which aims to support the transformation of European healthcare systems through the implementation of innovative solutions on a large scale. A transformation that will have an impact on healthcare professionals and authorities, patients, caregivers and the general population. JADECARE seeks to enhance collaboration between participating stakeholders, support knowledge transfer and generate evidence on integrated care, which will produce benefits beyond the project. This Joint Action involves 48 partners from 17 European countries.
If you want to know more about the program and all the sessions to be held, click here: https://integratedcarefoundation.org/events/icic21-virtual-conference