The aim of the Association is to promote and carry out research into the management and organisation of health and social-care services, in line with the policies of the department responsible for health, which pursue the continuous adaptation and transformation of the health system, keeping people at the centre of the system and including the challenges arising from old age, chronicity and dependency.
Kronikgune will advance in the evaluation of health policies and services, the development of intervention models, the dissemination and analysis of change, and the implementation of health services that allow for greater effectiveness, equity, efficiency, and safety of the Health System.
In order to achieve this goal, after complying with the established legal requirements, the Association will have the following concrete activities:
- Promote and develop research in health and social and health services taking advantage of the capacities in Osakidetza and facilitating the connection with other agents. To train professionals in health services research by creating groups and promoting the professional development of young researchers in this field.
- Through research in health services, to scientifically base the programmes and policies of the health system in the aforementioned fields.
- Emphasis on applied and translational research, oriented towards the generation of economic and social value.
- Disseminate and apply the results of research, preferably promoting applied research and its transfer to clinical practice and health management, as well as, where appropriate, to public health programmes and social innovation.
- Collaborate with other agents to contribute to the generation of social and economic value in the Basque Country.
- To contribute to positioning the health system and the Basque Country as an international benchmark in the fields that are the object of the Association’s dedication.