The main aim of the International Centre of Excellence in Chronicity Research is to generate new knowledge concerning the sustainable responses of healthcare and socio-healthcare systems to chronicity:
- To favour the implementation of strategies to combat chronicity in the Basque Country and healthcare networks.
- To achieve competitive, high-quality scientific results in the field of chronicity.
Kronikgune brings together some of the world’s leading experts in this field of knowledge in the Basque Country to study the effects of chronicity and the possible ways of transforming this challenge into an opportunity.
Our areas of specialisation are:
- The health, social and economic consequences of chronicity.
- Models for identifying chronic patients.
- The design and implementation of personalized (patient-centred) interventions.
- Integrated care systems.
- e-Health and the use of technology in this field.